The UK’s main music awards event—the BRITs—took place at the O2 Arena in London on Wednesday. Here’s a quick recap to get you up to speed…
1. Lana Del Ray Ousted Taylor Swift: It was quite the upset when Lana Del Ray’s name was called in the International Female Solo Act category as the winner over Taylor Swift. The songstress’ chart-topping album Born to Die is to thank.
2. Mumford and Sons Rule All: Yeah, they just won the Album of the Year Grammy for their release Babel. Now they are officially 2012’s Best British Group... All bow before Marcus Mumford and his band.
3. A Bunch of People Performed: Muse did “Supremacy,” Justin Timberlake owned his new hit “Mirrors,” and Tay Tay sang “I Knew You Were Trouble” in a scantily clad outfit. Also doing sets were Robbie Williams, One Direction and Ben Howard.
4. Emeli Sandé is a Boss: The British soul-goddess isn’t going anywhere and Wednesday only further proved it. Other than Ben Howard, she was the only artist to win two awards—one for British Female Artist and one for British Album of the Year for Our Version of Events.
5. Adele Phones it In: Because she’s in L.A. rehearsing for her Oscar performance this Sunday, Adele was unable to make it to the festivities. She accepted the Best British Single Award for “Skyfall” via pre-recorded video message. Unlike last year, she didn’t flip anyone off.
A full list of winners is available here.