It’s Beck’s birthday today. In honor of the man who’s spent the last 28 years bridging the gap between indie weirdness and mainstream attention, and the last 43 years being an all around amazing person, here is an eight-step reminder of why we love him so much. Happy birthday, Mr. Hansen.
1. He sometimes thinks that he doesn’t actually exist.
2. He sometimes doesn’t behave during interviews.
3. He shows up unannounced.
4. He gives great parenting advice.
5. He knows Japanese.
6. He takes the situation into his own hands.
7. He’s buddies with Willie Nelson and the late Johnny Cash.
8. He sometimes talks to robots.
And, oh yeah…
9. He friggin’ rocks.