He’s the redheaded crooner from Halifax, West Yorkshire, and he’s taking the music scene by storm. Here are five things you should know about Ed Sheeran.
1. Cat Lover: In the midst of his plethora of colorful tattoos on his left arm is the inked image of Puss in Boots… Yeah, the one from Shrek… Apparently his song, “Wake Me Up,” is a partial ode to the cartoon.
“I like cats,” Mr. Sheeran previously told MTV News.
A cat lover is one thing, but permanently marking a pussy on your arm? That’s dedication.
2. Buds With 1D: Ed has gone on the record, defending the likes of One Direction’s Harry Styles as a good lad. They eat pizza together and stuff.
“People write about Harry in a negative way because of his love life but he does stuff like that a lot,” Sheeran told the Belfast Telegraph. “He's a pretty genuine guy.”
3. Grammy Nominated: The singer-songwriter’s hit “The A Team” is nominated for a Grammy Award for song of the year. Despite the song’s über success, he was surprised by the nod…
He’ll perform a duet with Sir Elton John on Feb. 10.
4. Angel: The song “The A Team,” which most people recognize as a soothing toe-tapper, is about a girl named Angel, who was suffering with crack addiction, that he met while volunteering at a homeless shelter.
5. Opening Act: Sheeran will serve as the opening act on Taylor Swift’s stadium summer tour. While he’s more accustomed to more intimate venues, the Grammy performance will serve as a good warm up for the trek.