Jason Derulo Cancels World Tour After Neck Injury

January 6, 2012 By:
Jason Derulo Cancels World Tour After Neck Injury

First Adele and now Jason Derulo?! Popstars! Stop getting hurt!

Poor Jason Derulo was forced to cancel his upcoming tour and all promotional appearances due to a neck injury.

Jason DeruuuulllloooooOH-NO! Sadly, Derulo was rehearsing for his upcoming World Tour that was supposed to kick off on February 23rd when he was practicing some flips and landed directly on his head. He was rushed to a local hospital in Miami, where he is living, and has suffered an acute fracture to his vertebra.

Doctors told the R&B crooner that the accident could have left him paralyzed, thankfully he has been released from the hospital but must wear a neck brace for the next few months.

No word yet on when the tour will be reschedule but Derulo has this message for his fans:

“To all my fans who planned to come to the Future History World tour, the pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I’ve sustained. My fans mean everything to me, so I’m praying for a speedy recovery in order t perform for you in the near future,” Derulo said in a press release.

Anyone who has already purchased tickets will be refunded.

Derulo was set to promote his latest album, “Future History” which came out last year after his debut album “Jason Derulo” sold 850,000 copies worldwide and made three Top 10 hits, landing him the 2011 BMI “Songwriter of the Year.”

Hope for a speedy recovery Jason Derulo!