Nicki Minaj has been SLAYING lately. There's not a day that goes by without us writing a piece about her. From "Anaconda" to her feature on this year's biggest girl power song with Jessie J and Ariana Grande, Nicki is doing it A L L. We just can't get enough.
So when we saw that she was the cover star on this month's FADER magazine, we freaked. More Nicki in our lives = YAAAAAS.
We read her story and fell in love with her all over again. Here are six reasons why:
1. Nicki's forthcoming album The Pink Print will literally lay out the blueprint for female rappers, as Jay Z did with his The Blue Print.
2. There is no other artist out there like Nicki. She's tough, sexy, and her verses and wordplay are complex and acrobatic. Combine that with her dramatic persona and BAM you have a superstar.
3. "A collaboration with Nicki is both a surefire hit and a gamble - to this day, she often dwarfs the artist she's featured alongside." I may be biased because I proclaim myself a hardcore Barbie, but any Nicki verse on a track is my favorite part of the song.
3. She's very passionate about wanting other female rappers to write their own lyrics. "If we're out here saying that we're so confident, and we're so this and so that, but we don't even trust ourselves to write down our own thoughts and spit it on a beat?"
4. Nicki Minaj keeps her private life private. What you see from Nicki Minaj is the character, the persona. Never have you seen a paparazzi photo of Nicki looking wasted in the back of a car or at a nightclub.
5. Nicki is mainstream hip-hop. Nicki is underground hip-hop. She refuses to choose one path over the other, which has gained her not one but MANY hardcore fan bases. With radio hits like "Starships" and "Pills N Potions" alongside remixes for Young Thug, she "offers the best of both worlds, and might even succeed in merging them."
6. She's not just a rapper, she's an entrepreneur. Rap cannot contain her music, and neither can any one pursuit contain Nicki's ambition. Her next venture? The Home Shopping Network. "A female rapper! With HSN!"
In my eyes, Nicki can do no wrong. She's intelligent, she's beautiful, she's talented. She genuinely loves her fans and interacts with them on social media everyday. There is no other musician or celebrity like Nicki Minaj.
Read the full feature over at The FADER.